Friday, May 9

Thanks You's

I was asked to make 30 Thank You cards for the fabulous lady who organized the art/craft show last weekend. No problem.... but as always coming up with masculine cards is harder than the others because of the limited number of masculine sets I have. I recently got the Light Unto My Path set. I thought it would be a good masculine set, but also a good sympathy set... plus I just like the bible verse that accompanies the lighthouse stamp.

So, in coming up with some masculine thanks yous, I decided to use the lighthouse from this set. I used Sahara Sand and Night of Navy as the basic colors. Basically I just inked the stamp with Sahara Sand and then colored over the lighthouse and house with the Night of Navy marker to highlight that area and stamped it on Very Vanilla cardstock. Then I masked the entire lighthouse and sponged the beacon light area with More Mustard-- (I'm actually not very happy with this part, but it was too late to go back on all 10 of them.) The edges are distressed with my favorite little Cutter Kit tool and layered on Sahara and Navy cardstock. Then the Navy background is Print Pattern stamped in Versamark layered on the Sahara Sand card. To add some dimension, I added some naturals hemp along with the tag greeting around main image and a jumbo pewter brad in the top left corner.
I think dad's gonna get this with a father's day greeting next month! I'm glad he doesn't read my blog :-)

Sets: A Light Unto My Path, Sincere Salutations, Print Patterns
Ink: Versamark, Night of Navy, Sahara Sand, More Mustard
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Night of Navy
Accessories: Naturals Hemp, Cutter Kit, Jumbo Brads, Crop-a-Dile, 1/8" Punch


1 comment:

Jenn D said...

This is a gorgeous masculine card! I think your dad will love it with the Father's Day sentiment on it.

How did your fair go? I'm still recovering from mine. Afterwards I always ask myself why I do it. LOL! But at least my card supply is empty and I have tins to refill.

I love the brilliant blue in your card below this post. I hardly use that color either.