Thursday, May 22

Brayered Essence

Another club project here... again using Essence of Love from the Occasions Mini. For this card, I black embossed the image on glossy white cardstock and then with a piece of ripped scrap paper covered up the top part of the image and sponged some Old Olive ink over the bottom or "grassy" part of the image. Then I took a 1/2 circle punch of a sticky note and covered up a spot in the sky. I took the reverse of the ripped scrap paper and covered up the Old Olive sponged grass I just did and brayered Taken with Teal ink over the rest of the image. I removed that 1/2 inch circle sticky note mask I put in the sky and reverse masked it with the rest of the sticky note and filled it in with some Summer Sun ink.... and voila the main image of the card is done.

The main image is 3" wide by 2 3/4" tall... so I cut the image into three one-inch strips and then started mounting. I can hear my mom in the my head saying... "how much with this cost to mail?" First on Basic Black, then Taken with Teal, then Summer Sun, then again on Basic Black. Put all that on the Taken with Teal card, and finally on a Basic Black postcard. Add your greeting along the side in Basic Black (by the way, have I mentioned, how much I LOVE this greeting?)and some black grosgrain ribbon across the top and you are finally done.

There are a lot of steps to this card and I wouldn't want to make 50 for a convention swap... but a few are definitely worth it! I find it to be a stunning card!

1 comment:

Rochelle W said...

This card is GORGEOUS!!!!
I haven't tried one of these before. My brayer never gets used. I might have to break it out this weekend.