Tuesday, February 23

For my Little Friends

It's been a rough winter for everyone. About a month ago, we had about 3 inches of snow here in NC. Crazy! But, I got to spend the entire day in the house, stamping! Good times. I knew that my best friend's kids were out loving the snow, playing like crazy. I made them this card, which they loved!It's probably difficult to see all the detail, but I'll describe it. I ripped textured Whisper White cardstock and layered it along the bottom. I added a small layer of Old Olive on the bottom of the card to be the grass. Then I stamped the tree from the Thoughts and Prayers set in Chocolate Chip and added Old Olive using the blender pen on the leaves. I added clouds using the classic cloud stencil and Bashful Blue ink. The greeting is stamped in Chocolate Chip and is from a retired word set (that I cannot remember the name of.) The monkeys, one is Asha and one is Devak, come from the Fox and Friends set and are cut out and put on the card with dimensionals. Lastly, I added "snow" everywhere. I used white Flower Soft for the snow on the ground and tree and on the monkey's heads. I adhered it with a two-way glue pen. Lastly I added some "snowballs" by using some small white pom poms. Each of the monkeys have a snowball because I know that's what the kids were doing that day-- throwing snowballs at each other.

The kids loved the card... and I guess some of the "snow" fell off the card, so when they opened it they got "snowed" on which they really enjoyed.

I hope you enjoy it too!


4 comments:

Julie A. said...

Adorable card! I can't wait to get my Fox & Friends stamp set later this week:)

Debbie said...

Absolutely PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!! Love it :)

Nicole said...

How clever! Love how you combined those 2 stamp sets together. Great card!

Susan said...

That is so cute! Love it!