Saturday, February 27

Flowers Flowers Everywhere

Have you noticed on all the blogs that everyone is making paper flowers... all kinds of paper flowers? Well, I have to and here is one of mine.The paper on this card is from one of last year's designer paper sets called Taste of Texture. I always loved this paper and luckily hoarded most of it, so I could make this very simple card that I absolutely love. I added some Black Grosgrain Ribbon around the card and the greeting from Whimsical Words was stamped in Basic Black

The flower is made from old dictionary pages. I punched out 6 scallop circles punches of the dictionary page and scrunched them all up, one at a time in my hand. Then I flatted them out and layered them so they weren't all aligned and put a brad right in the middle to keep them together. Next I took one layer at a time and wrinkled it up towards the middle until all but the bottom layer was scrunched up. Then I just played with it, pulling pieces down or re-scrunching until I got it to look the way I liked it. I removed the black brad and put it through the holes of the of the small red buttons from the Playground set and used a glue dot to adhere the button to the center of the flower. The flower was adhered to the card using glue dots as well.

That's it. I hope the flower instructions are clear enough. I'm sorry, I don't do tutorials. I've seen several on people's blogs, but I cannot remember where. If you do a quick search you can probably find a visual.

Set: Whimsical Words
Ink: Basic Black
Cardstock: Textured Basic Black and striped Kraft from Taste of Texture DSP (retired)
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, Black Brad, Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Playground Buttons, Taste of Texture DSP

2 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

I am so loving all the flower creations around lately, and yours is just fabulous, Amy! Love that text paper you used and love the scrunched up look that is so vintage.

flowers said...

Like your mothers day card. Floral illustration adds to the beauty of card. It really looks awesome.