Thursday, May 21

Wallet for Dad

This is the final project we did at the Masculine Card Class. We did one other card, but posted it earlier here.

I found this project on one of my favorite blogs "Thinking Inking" by Debbie Olson. She does the most amazing work. Her blog has a link to PDF handouts that give you the complete instructions as well as a page of gift certificates to put in the wallet. I amended hers a bit to include Stampin' Up! products.










For my project I used Chocolate Chip and Creamy Caramel cardstock and used a sponge and the same color ink to distress the paper and make it look leathery. I used the paper piercer and piercing guide with a Chocolate Chip marker to create a stitched look on the outside. The entire wallet, including pockets is put together with sticky strip which I always use for 3-dimensional projects. The coupons are printed on Ivory Naturals cardstock, corner rounded and sponged around the edges. I added the Happy Father's Day image from All Holidays on the front in Real Red and attached it with some Red grosgrain ribbon.


If you have additional questions after reading Debbie's directions, please let me know.

Set: All Holidays
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Real Red
Carstock: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Carmel, Naturals Ivory, Very Vanilla, Real Red
Accessories: Corner Rounder, Stampin' Sponge, Sticky Strip, Paper Piercer and Piercing Guide, Chocolate Chip Marker


No comments: