Thursday, May 14

Wonderful Watercolors

This is a card that I made for mom for Mother's Day last week. It uses the set Wonderful Watercolors. I never really noticed this set, but this is another set I got free and think it's gorgeous.

This card is Eggplant Envy and Always Artichoke. The main image is a two-step stamper. The bottom image is done in Almost Amethyst and Certainly Celery. The top layer is Elegant Eggplant and Always Artichoke. I added a little Bashful Blue brushstroke around the edge with the aqua painter. On the background I stamped the small flower image in Eggplant. I corner rounded the main image only on two sides.

For dimension and texture I added the Organdy White ribbon with one of the large white grommets from the Occasions Mini Catalog. To use the grommet, I punched out a 1/2 inch circle, popped the grommet in and then bent back the prongs on the inside. Then I threaded the white ribbon through. Inside is greeting Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: