Tuesday, May 5

Classic Sketches

I've been wanting this set- Classic Sketches- since the catalog came out. I thought it would be good for masculine cards. So, I finally got it, free for my Sale-a-bration sales.
This is a very simple card that I created for an art show I did last weekend called MOMArt. Lots of amazing artists there and I thought they might enjoy some artsy cards with this set. This card uses Kraft carstock and one of my favorite underused colors Elegant Eggplant.

I basically just inked up the main image in Elegant Eggplant and then spritzed it with a water bottle and stamped it on Kraft cardstock. I felt like it needed a little more color so I colored the left side with the eggplant watercolor crayon and blended with the aquapainter. The greeting from the Trendy Trees set is stamped in Basic Black. For a little added texture, I added some Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon.

Sets: Classic Sketches, Trendy Trees
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black
Cardstock: Kraft, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Eggplant Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Watercolor Crayons, Aquapainter

No comments: