Thursday, October 9

Season of Friendship

Have you seen the Holiday Mini? Love it! I went a little berserk pre-ordering out of it. The first set I noticed was the Season of Friendship set. I guess because I have really been into trees lately. But this set just hit me a really cute seasonal and versatile set. And the cute Autumn Vine designer series paper that is just perfect for fall. I combined these two new products to come up with this card.
What I really love about this designer paper is the color combo... of course that's what I love about all designer paper. I say this all the time. I would have never put these colors together... especially the Sage Shadow... and designer paper puts your colors together for you.

So for this card, I stamped the tree in Chocolate Chip on Naturals Ivory cardstock. Then I added the leaves in More Mustard, Really Rust and Sage Shadow. These are the colors that are in the Autumn Vine DSP. I stamped the birdie from the set in Riding Hood Red and punched her out with the 3/4" punch and punched another circle out Chocolate Chip and mounted them just off center with each other. I added the birdie to the tree with a dimensional.

The final size of the card is 5x5" and the card is Really Rust mounted on a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock. There is a strip of the DSP mounted along the left side with the tree mounted flush with the right side of the card. I added a large pewter eyelet with the Crop-a-dile and some narrow chocolate grosgrain ribbon for texture. And then mounted the greeting on top of the ribbon, stamped in Chocolate Chip ink on More Mustard cardstock.

I'll have some more cute samples with this set in the upcoming days. This is quickly becoming a favorite set.

Set: Season of Friendship
Ink: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Really Rust, Sage Shadow, Riding Hood Red
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Naturals Ivory, More Mustard
Accessories: Large Pewter Eyelet, Narrow Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon, Crop-a-dile, 3/4" Circle Punch

No comments: