Friday, October 24

Kristina's Inspiration

I'm so thrilled that I've been able to participate in so many of Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenges lately. This one was fun and I really like what I came up with... plus it gave me a chance to play with one of my favorite new sets- Flight of the Butterfly. So here was the inspiration.Funny, RED is my favorite color too... in fact I just bought a NEW red Camry. I've always wanted a red car. Well, on to the card.
The Bella Rose DSP made doing this color challenge so easy because it has a lot of pink and red combos in it. Anyway, the card here is a 4 1/4 square and is made out of Pink Pirouette cardstock. Then there is a small layer of the Bella DSP with a small strip of Basic Black cardstock along the side. For the focal point I used four stamps from the Flight of the Butterfly set. I stamped the solid body in Pink Pirouette, then the flowers in the body in Pretty in Pink, then the polka dot outline was second stamped in Real Red and the words, which I absolutely LOVE that saying, was stamped in Basic Black. For texture I just added some narrow black grosgrain ribbon around the focal point. Then I punched a 3/4" real red circle and layered a small Pink Pirouette felt flower from the Flower Fusion II set on top with a small black brad in the middle.
Cute and simple card. Nothing too complicated. I'm really enjoying these 4 1/4" cards lately.

Set: Flight of the Butterfly
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Basic Black
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Flower Fusion II, 3/4" circle punch, Bella Rose DSP

5 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

Very sweet card & yes the colours work perfectly with the challenge

Karla said...

Lovely card, Amy!

Anonymous said...

your card is so sweet! I really need to invest in that set :-)

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh, this is so cute! Love it!

Leonie said...

Ohhh, I love it, very cute