Monday, October 27

Party Hearty

As you may know it's Stampin' Up!'s 20th Birthday this year. They are really living it up... celebrating in big ways... and spreading the celebration on to customers. For the month of October all of our birthday-related sets are 20% off with at $20 purchase. One of them, Party Hearty, is my favorite birthday set of all time. Here are a couple of super delightful little cards that will help you understand why I love this set so much.

Isn't this a cute little card? It's a 6x6 on textured Kiwi Kiss cardstock with a Chocolate Chip back. You might notice that I make A LOT of my cards a little smaller and add a back color. I like to do this because I think it makes colors in the card really POP.

The color scheme comes from this Hawaii Papaya Designer Series Paper that runs across the top of the card. The focal point is a strip of Whisper White with the party hats individually colored one by one in Kiwi Kiss and Tangerine Tango with Chocolate Chip pom poms. The second Tangerine hat is popped up with a dimensional for some texture-- hard to see here. Since we don't have markers in the In-Colors-- I just use a Q-tip to gather ink and color stamps. Lastly I added the greeting in Chocolate Chip.

For this cute little 4 1/4" Tangerine Tango card with a Chocolate Chip back, I once again used the Hawaii Papaya DSP for the color scheme using a piece of the DSP on the top half with a little sliver of Chocolate Chip underneath at the top. For the Celebrate medallion, I stamped the Celebrate stamp set on Whisper White and punched it out with the Scallop Circle punch. I also punched out a chocolate chip scallop circle and layered it. I punched out a Tangerine Tango 3/4" circle and adhered that in the middle of the medallion. Then for fun I made a built a brad with the present stamp from the set, stamped in Kiwi Kiss and punched it out with the 1/2" punch and put that in the very middle of the medallion on top of the Tangerine Tango circle. The medallion is adhered with dimensionals to make it pop. For a finishing touch, I added some Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon right above the medallion. And viola, there you are.

If you haven't already, be sure to get this set 20% off by the end of this week. Just contact me or go to my website to order online.

No comments: