Saturday, April 27

Pinwheels

This is a cute little HAPPY card I made today... just 'cuz!


The card is Daffodil Delight, with a layer of Island Indigo and then a layer of Whisper White on top.  I ran the white layer through the BigShot in the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder-- about 3/4 of the way-- leaving the top 1/4  un-embossed.  I stamped the "Celebrate" greeting from a retired birthday set in Island Indigo on the un-embossed portion in the top left corner.

The focal point is the banner and the pinwheel.  For the banner I used the Banner Punch and Polka Dot Parade designer paper in Daffodil Delight.  I hung the individual banner pieces with dimensionals and then tied bows with the White Bakers Twine on the ends... to give it that "just hung up" feel.

The pinwheel was very easy now that we have a Pinwheel Sizzlit in the spring catalog.  I ran it though the BigShot with paper from the Summer Smooches DSP set.  It punches it out perfectly with holes just where you need them so you can pull the ends up and put it together with a brad in the middle.  I knew that I wanted a button in the middle, so I just used one of the tiny mini silver brads to hold it together, then put a red flower button on top with a glue dot.  The stick for the pinwheel is a piece of red Polka Dot Parade DSP that I wound really tight around a pin.  Then I adhered it to the back of the pinwheel with a glue dot and then on to the card with dimensionals.

Pinwheel Sizzlits S Die
Pinwheel Sizzlet Die
This card reminds me of summer when I was a kid.  Pinwheels were one of those toys we always had and it reminds me of my childhood.

Hope you enjoy it.
Happy Spring!

No comments: