Sunday, March 24

Whole LATTE Love

I recently did a Sale-a-bration workshop and will be showing you the projects over the next couple of posts.  One of the Sale-a-bration sets- Patterned Occasions- has this perfect little coffee cup for a coffee cup card.  I had seen a couple of samples around and a friend of mine did one for her class and sent me a sample (thanks Sherri.)  Hers was a gift idea, a tall cup with a packet of a coffee drink in the top.  I wanted mine to be a card that could be sent through the mail, so I took her sample and adjusted and was really happy with what I came up with.


This "coffee cup" card is done in Crumb Cake with a Whisper White "lid" that I ran through the BigShot in the Fancy Fan folder.  The band across the middle of the cup comes from the really lovely Sale-a-bration DSP- Sycamore Street. I really love the colors in this set of paper-- which once again helped to inform the colors I selected for the card.  The next step was to use the --- Edgelits to make the narrow Razzleberry frame in the background and a small Whisper White frame that I stamped the cute "Whole Latte Love" stamp in.  I stamped the words in Basic Black and the steam in Baja Breeze and stamped a second cup in Razzleberry and cut it out and put over top of the original with a dimensional.  If you don't know about coloring rhinestones and pearls, then let me be the first to tell you that you can use a Sharpie or Copic marker to color these little guys-- which give so much versatility.  I used a Copic marker to color my little rhinestone and put it on my cup for a little texture.  Lastly I added some Baja Breeze narrow taffeta ribbon and tied it in a bow.

A good friend of mine who owns a lovely little coffee shop-- Koinonia in Durham-- really liked the card and took the template so she could make them for folks who help out at the shop.  What a great idea!

1 comment:

gale said...

Love this-what a cute way to do the lid of the cup.