Tuesday, March 26

Sweet and Shabby


Those of you who know me well, know that "shabby chic" is not my  usual style, but  I saw a card with a similar background on the Nicole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog and loved it.  So when SU came out with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder in the Spring Catalog, I had to try it.  It s a little tedious to make this card, I will admit, and would be much easier if there was a hexagon punch, but it's not really that bad.  




I took two styles of DSP from the Sunshine and Sprinkles set that complemented each other and ran a small 5.5 x 2 inch piece of each through the BigShot in the Honeycomb Embossing Folder.  This makes a very deep impression in the thinner designer paper, making it pretty easy to cut the hexagons out.  I needed 8 of each design.  Then I ran the Very Vanilla cardstock through the BigShot in the same embossing folder-- but only embossed about 2/3 of the paper, leaving one edge un-embossed.  Then I taped the little hexagons in a pattern on the Vanilla piece.

Next I used the That's the Ticket set from the Spring Catalog and made two tickets on Very Vanilla cardstock- stamping the plain ticket in Marina Mist and second-stamping Lucky Limeade on the other and punched both out with the ticket punch.  I stamped a greeting from the Tiny Tag set in Basic Black and tied both together with some bakers twine.  


5/8" Flower Trim
Vanilla Flower Trim
Next I added a strip of Daffodil Delight seam binding (which looks EXTREMELY bright in this photo- but really isn't in real life) and when I tied the knot I included the bakers twine from the tags, allowing them to dangle.  Finally, I took one of the really gorgeous flowers from the Vanilla Flower Trim (also in the Spring Catalog) and sponged it with Daffodil ink, added a pearl in the middle and put it where the tag and knot of the ribbon come together using a dimensional.  When you use one of these little flowers on a card, they really last forever.  Great deal!


Finally, I took the Vanilla piece, all dolled up, and layered it on Marina Mist and then on a Lucky Limeade.  So sweet and soft.  I think this would make a nice invitation or sweet "friend" card. 

That's the Ticket Clear-Mount Stamp Set
That's the Ticket Set

No comments: