Wednesday, September 17

Purple Upsy Daisy

I was so shocked when Stampin' Up! right out of the gate offered the Never Before Seen promotion-- 15% off some of my favorite sets in the new catalog. These were some of the sets I had tagged as my have to have sets-- VERY COOL! The set I used for this sweet soft card, Upsy Daisy, is one of them.
I did this card with my club last night and they really enjoyed it. I took a break from the new in colors and enjoyed one of my old time favorites here-- Almost Amethyst. First I stamped the main image in Amethyst, then I took my Lavender Lace marker and added some highlights directly to the stamp. On top of that I added more highlights with the Lovely Lilac marker. Don't forget to breath on the stamp to dampen it-- it's probably pretty dry by this time-- and stamp it on your white cardstock. Then layer it on some Lovely Lilac cardstock. I stamped Thank You in Basic Black from the All Holidays set and punched it with the Small Oval Punch and added it with two of the mini lavender Rhinestone Brads.

For the card itself, I cut the top layer about an inch short and scalloped the edge with the the Scallop Edge Punch. Then I did the same with a piece of Vellum Cardstock and a piece of Lovely Lilac cardstock and layered them on the edge. Then I stamped the Canvas Background stamp in Versamark on the Amethyst card. I adhered my flowers at an angel to the card and added some White Taffeta Ribbon with a bow to finish off this soft and elegant card.

Set: Upsy Daisy, All Holidays
Ink: Versamark, Basic Black, Almost Amethyst
Cardstock: Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilack, Vellum, Whisper White
Accessories: Rhinestone Brads, Scallop Edge, Small Oval Punch, Paper Piercer, Lovely Lilac and Lavender Lace Markers

No comments: