Tuesday, September 30

Candy Corn

Here's a quick little post today. I'm on my way out the door... heading home. Yeah!

Did you know my favorite holiday is Halloween? Do you know why? Well, not only because kids look absolutely adorable and have so much fun. But because adults have every excuse in the world to act like kids and have a blast. I'm all for acting like a kid... even if it's just one day a year. That's why I LOVE Halloween. I'm not into the spooky freaky nasty stuff... just the fun, acting like a child, eating candy part. Too fun!

So about this card. Very simple. It uses the Tasty Sweet set. I stamped the yum, yum, yum stamp in Basic Black on the bottom of the 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 Tangerine Tango card. Then I layered a couple of layers-- you know how I love my layers. Then a layer of the Ghostly Greetings DSP paper. Then I stamped the Candy Corn from the set. I inked the stamp with Tangerine Tango (with a Q-tip) and Summer Sun (marker) and went around it with Basic Black Marker and stamped it on Whisper White. I punched it out with the 1 1/4" circle punch. Then layered it on a 1 3/8" Basic Black circle. Then on a Tangerine Tango Scallop Circle. All of that it put on with a dimensional. And for texture and fun, I added some of the MOST FABULOUS ribbon we've ever carried- the striped grosgrain In-Color ribbon in Kiwi Kiss. Love this stuff. There you have it. Fun, sweet, simple Halloween card.

Set: Tasty Sweet
Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Basic Black
Accessories: Summer Sun and Basic Black Marker, 1 1/4, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Ghostly Greetings DSP, Kiwi Kiss Ribbon

No comments: