Tuesday, September 9

Inspired to Scrap

You know I never scrapbook... but sometimes you just have pictures that inspire you. They make you want to create a special page for them. Well, I spent some time last month with my best friend and her family at Emerald Isle. I got to play with her kids on the beach for the weekend and had a blast. It was definitely a summer highlight! I also got a few fabulous pictures of my favorite munchkins.

When I saw these two pictures, I knew that they would be gorgeous printed without color. Then the ideas started coming. I though the Urban Garden DSP colors would be a fabulous background for the page. Definitely needed something muted and stark. And so it began on Saturday evening around 7pm. I think I've mentioned before that the reason I don't scrap is because it takes me FOREVER.
This piece is a chipboard and I can't remember the set it's from-- the holiday one. It's covered with Urban Garden and has a Rub-On from the Anchored set. The heart is also chipboard and covered with an old piece of Rose Red DSP and embellished with a piece of Old Olive Twill and a the new fancy Baha Blue button. (Sorry for a few retired things on the page. At about 2 1/2 hours... I was desperate! ) Then a little of the Kiwi Kiss Striped ribbon.

The main page is Baha Blue Textured Cardstock and the entire page is covered with the striped sheet from Urban Garden.


This little guy is framed with some Kiwi Kiss cardstock and has a chipboard star covered in Urban Garden DSP. There is a star Rub-On from Anchored and "Devak, 15 mo" is written in the star. In addition, I added the word "Beach" along the side with Build-a-Brads.

His big sister has the same effect going on, but I had to create a chipboard
flower for her by punching out two scallop flowers from cardboard and gluing them together. Then I punched out one from the Urban Garden DSP and adhered it on top. I added a Rub-On from the summer mini (sorry again) and added her name and age in the middle.

I am really happy with this page. I think it's my favorite page I've ever done actually. It should be... it took me 4 hours!
But worth every minute!


2 comments:

lisaqshay said...

4 hours? That's all. Girl, you made good time in my book. ;)

Anonymous said...

Amy these are gorgeous. I say frame it! I think some of those mini rub-ons are in the new catalog.