Friday, August 29

I made this cute card using my new good friend Mr. Big Shot for a very special friend of mine for her birthday. One of the many things I LOVE about Stampin' Up! is that they force me to put colors together that I would have never put together otherwise. I would have never dreamed of putting a pastel pink, a deep red and a dark brown together, but look here-- it is gorgeous.

So for this card I used two of the Bigz SU Big Shot dies-- the #2 Scallop and the Scallop Envelope. Can you tell I'm loving playing with my SU Big Shot? Anyway, I used my Crop-a-dile to emboss the little circles on both the envelope made out of Bella Rose designer paper and the big pink scallop made out of Pink Pirouette cardstock. I added a little detail on the pink scallop as I went around the outside of the scallop with the vine from the Fresh Flowers set in Pink Pirouette.
Inside the little envelope is a cute little birthday card for my friend with a little more Bella Rose designer paper scalloped with the scallop edge punch and some more of the vine from Fresh Flowers in Pink Pirouette. For a little extra drama I added some Chocolate taffeta ribbon around the envelope.

All of this is placed on a 5 1/4 x 5 1/4" textured Riding Hood Red card and then layered on a sheet of 5 1/2 x 5 1/2" Chocolate Chip cardstock. The greeting is from the Wonderful Words set. This card fits perfect in one of the Chocolate Chip envelopes from the Carousel Notes card set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog through Jenn. I was looking for inspiration to get my mojo going and I think you did it. I loved this idea. You have a beautiful collections of creations that are so inspiring! Thanks for sharing!