Friday, June 6

Happy Belated Birthday

I'm usually pretty good about remembering birthdays... but I'll tell you lately I haven't been. I have a birthday calendar at home. I have it in my palm pilot with pop-up reminders and honestly, I usually have the card ready in time, but I just don't get it mailed in time. I pride myself on being prompt, organized and almost OCD, but I'm not sure what's up lately. So this little turtle from the level 3 hostess set, Older and Wiser is very appropriate for me lately. I thought he was very very cute!

This is a relatively simple but sweet card. The image is colored in with blender pens and ink pads. I used Green Galore and Creamy Caramel mostly... but then came in with Close to Cocoa and Old Olive (shocker, I know) to add a little shading. Then I added a three dimensional party hat also colored in with blender pens. Lots of layers-- which is kinda my trademark. The designer paper is Summer Picnic from the current Occasions Mini. Last but not least to add a little texture (another Amy trademark) i added a slit punch with a turquoise brad and slide the focal point underneath. Then added the greetings in Basic Black and we're done. Lots of layers but not lots of trouble. I think this card could get you out of hot water with any friend.

No comments: