Tuesday, June 17

Fresh Cuts with a Touch of Carousel Note

I got this idea from a sample on splitcoast and I'm sorry I can't give credit because I can't find it now. This is a much changed up version, but still got its inspiration from another creator. This is a 5 1/2" square chocolate card with a little less than 1/2 of a Groovy Guava Carousel Note on the top half. I added a little dry embossing and paper piercing on each scallop with the crop-a-dile and paper piercer for fun. The focal point and wording are stamped from the Fresh Cuts set and they also have a little paper piercing just for fun. I know a lot of folks hate to cut out images, but these flowers are really easy and with a brad add a lot of dimension to the card. I pulled out a little of the chocolate chip satin ribbon from last winter's stash to add some texture and finish off the card. Very elegant and easy card for a special thank you.

Set: Fresh Cuts
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery
Ink: Certainly Celery, Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Paper Piercer, Vintage Brads, Crop-a-dile, Chocolate Satin Ribbon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely Fabulous! I love the colors/layout/everything. I have it starred in my reader to remember.