Wednesday, January 21

Inauguration Day Cakes

I had a big day planned for Tuesday... was planning to watch the big Inauguration at work with friends. Then was suppose to have stamp club that night. I was very excited about celebrating the Inauguration! So, on Monday, MLK day (no work) I made two 1/2 sheet cakes, decorated like flags to take to both occasions.

Both events were cancelled because we had SNOW in NC! I didn't believe it was going to happen-- which is why I still made the cakes, despite weather warnings. They cry wolf A LOT around here. But it did. We had 3-5 inches. So, I missed work (and the Inag party) and stamp club was cancelled. I wanted to share my cakes with you because somebody needs to see them. The one on the left is a white cake with strawberries and blueberries. The one on the right is a marble cake with raspberries and blueberries. Needless to say I dug into the raspberry one. It was delicious. I'll be 10 pounds heavier when you next see me!


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Yummy! Wish I could have shared them with you!!! Deb