Thursday, November 13

Acrylic Top Note

Did you know that you can run over 50 different materials through the Big Shot? Everything from materials to leather to think metal. Well, I hadn't used anything but paper in there, so I decided to try some acetate with my Top Note die. Love what happened!

This is a really simple card. I ran a sheet of acetate (an overhead basically) and some Real Red cardstock through the Big Shot with the Top Note die and cut them both in half. I stamped the tree from the Snow Swirled set in Stazon White on the acetate and added a clear rhinestone brad (from the Pretties Kit) for some "bling."

The card itself is Chocolate Chip, with a layer of Real Red and a layer of Old Olive. The focal point (the tree) is mounted on the Old Olive layer, with a small sliver of Ski Slope Designer Paper running along the bottom. BTW, I LOVE this designer paper-- especially this design. Sorry to digress! The greeting is stamped in Chocolate Chip Ink and you know I have to add some ribbon for texture. This ribbon is the red wide grosgrain.

Tomorrow I'll have another acetate card.

Set: Snow Swirled
Ink: White Stazon, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Old Olive
Accesories: Ski Slope DSP, Rhinestone Brad, 1/16" Punch, Red Wide Grosgrain Ribbon

No comments: