Thursday, May 30

Teacher Gifts

This is my first year to do teacher gifts... and I gotta say, it's a field day for a crafty girl.  This year I went simple and made three set of monogrammed notecards.  They were a big hit!


This is a picture of the three sets that I put into plastic cases.  I dressed them up with a ribbon and a thank you card from my daughter.  Cards were made out of Whisper White or Very Vanilla cardstock.  I made the monograms on MDS and used the 1 3/4" punch to determine the size.  So, I laid the circle on the page, added my border and monogram in the middle of the circle and locked them into place and then removed the circle. You can also just turn the circle white so that it essentially disappeared on the white paper.  This is the way I do almost anything circular on MDS... use a punch to frame the layout.


For the main teacher, I used this year's Sale-a-bration DSP Sycamore Street for the bottom half of the card and then added Island Indigo borders. This paper really captured Ms. Brittany's style I think.  I created the monogram to go with the paper in terms of style and color and punched it out with the 1 3/4" circle punch.  I layered each on an Island Indigo medallion from the Pennant Die (love this die!)  I added this with dimensionals after I added a thin layer of ribbon using the Baja Breeze narrow taffeta ribbon.  I know it's not the exact color in the paper (it's Pool Party), but it's pretty close and looked really nice.


For the assistant teacher, who has a colorful personality, I used some more colorful DS papers, some retired and the others from the Floral District DSP.  Again I added a border in a color that went with the DSP and created the monogram in the same color.  On these I used one of the two medallions from the Pennant die and added to the card with dimmensionals after adding either Pear Pizzaz or Baja Breeze Seem Binding where the DPS and border come together.


Lastly, for the floater teacher, who Gabbi just adores, I used one of my all-time favorite DSP sets from last year's fall catalog- Spice Cake (?).  The colors in this paper fit Ms. Emily.  These cards are Very Vanilla and I pulled out the Baja Breeze from the DPS and used that for the border and the medallion (again from the Pennant die) behind the monogram.  For the middle card I added the Natural Trim (from the Spring catalog) and for the other two added Chocolate Chip Taffeta along the middle.

These sets always make nice gifts and are always something people can use.






No comments: