Tuesday, May 7

Happy Gabbi


A new MDS page featuring my little goose.  Still trying to catch up with last year's pages.  This is one of my favorite pictures from last year.  Gabbi was so happy reading in her Mickey Mouse bean bag chair.  

This background paper for this page as well as the strip across the middle uses designer papers from the Back to School designer kit.  The main colors on this page come from the picture and are highlighted in the hexagon punches running from top to bottom.  They are filled with papers from Simple Snapshots, Celebrations and Sweet Pea designer kits.  I lined them up tip to tip, added a very thin Soft Suede border and drop shadow on each.

For the focal point, I took the picture and added a really large ivory border and a drop shadow and then stacked three on top of each other, angled slightly on top of each other.

A last few details:  
  • I added the black zig zag stitch from Staples and Stitches the length of the two rows of hexagons. 
  • I added paper buttons to a couple of the hexagons and added a baker's twine bow on each.
  • I added the Scallop Border Punch filled with DSP from Enjoying Everything designer kit and layered it under the strip of Back to School DSP around the middle.
  • I added three paper buttons with a black brad on top along the left side of the pictures.
  • Lastly I added my journaling (not my strength) along the right side in font Simply Glamorous.

1 comment:

gale said...

What a cute layout. Love the use of hexagons-they seem so trendy right now.