Wednesday, June 2

Sweet Pea Sympathy

You are in for a rare treat today.  I make it a point to not post non-SU stuff on my blog.  Since I sell SU, I don't really like to sell other products.  But, I've been spending a lot of time learning to color with Copic markers.  Papertrey Ink has some beautiful floral stamps that are open which makes them perfect for coloring.  This is the Sweet Pea Year of Flowers set.

Unfortunately, several of my friends have recently lost a parent or close family member.  It's been a really rough couple of month for my circle.  This is a sympathy card I created for a very close friend who lost her father to a long battle with pancreatic cancer.  

The card itself is Certainly Celery with a layer of Pretty in Pink that has the polka dot texture from the Big Shot.  The bottom edge is scalloped with this year's free SAB punch.  The focal point is stamped in Ranger black ink and is colored in several copic colors.  I will post a picture of the colors I used later.  It is mounted on layers of Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose and sewn together on the sewing machine and added to the card using dimensionals.  I also used the white satin/organdy ribbon and a pink button to finish it off.

I hope you like.


1 comment:

Nicole said...

Beautiful! Great job coloring ~ you might have to give me a lesson! :)