Thursday, April 24

Mother's Day Greetings


Sorry I've been so absent... I've been very very busy with workshops and clubs and trying to prepare for this show. I'm excited as I don't really do too many shows and this is a really big one. But I promise to be more blog conscience as well.


I've been doing a lot of mother's day cards at my clubs and workshops. Here is a card with my favorite set Always that uses some of the new In Colors-- River Rock and Groovy Guava. For the focal point of this card, I stamped the heart in River Rock and then used a Q-tip to highlight part of the image (on the stamp) with Groovy Guava (since we don't have markers in the In-Colors :-(. Then I cut the heart out, just inside the dotted line. Then I re-stamped the heart in Chocolate chip and mounted one on top of the other with dimmensionals. I used the fun Build-a-brads to make the Always embellishment. I can't get enough of the Build-a-brads. The layers of Ginger Blossom paper at the top and Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon finish off the card.
Set: Always
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, River Rock, Groovy Guava, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, River Rock, Groovy Guava
Accessories: Ginger Blossom DSP, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, 1/8, 1/2, 1 1/4, 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Build-a-Brad in Pewter, Dimmensionals


2 comments:

Jenn D said...

The colors on this are so soft and smoothing. Congrats to being so busy with workshops and on your big show coming up. I love the ribbon treatment on this card. Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Amy. This is so pretty. Not that I am surprised.

And because your work is always so great, I am nominating you for the Arte Y Pico award. You can get the details at my blog: http://sherribarron.typepad.com/ You will pass the award on to 5 other bloggers.

Sherri